With reference to the figure:
(1) Pressing structure, with variable radius, for band Hi Force. It has been conceived to couple the blocks with the band with maximum effectiveness and minimum encumbrance at the start of the hypercritical zone (where the liquid metal enters the machine). At the same time, it drastically reduces the mechanical stress of the band when it changes the travelling direction.
(2) Structures pressing band Flexy Closing Arms. These mechanisms guarantee the maximum flexibility in the coupling among blocks and band even in the most critical operating conditions such as in presence of residual metallic or nonmetallic particles and/or wearing of moving parts.
(3) Large diameter band tensioning wheel. It allows to minimize the mechanical stress of the casting band when it changes the direction promising longer life for the band.
(4) Hi pressure blocks cleaning station “CIP” (Cleaning In Place). Any trace of dirty accumulated on the blocks in their active cycle is getting removed with high pressure water spray systems – not very much dissimilar to those used in car washing stations – in the non-active zone of the chain block.
(5) Blocks drying unit “Safe Dry”. After washing, drying is mandatory to comply with safety rules. The drying station performs blocks drying before they receive the liquid Aluminum.
(6) Dethatching fluid spraying system. The dethatching fluid is getting sprayed, in minimum quantity, in automatic and repeatable manner on blocks before receiving the molten metal as required by GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) applicable in Aluminum casting and molding.
(7) Cooling system Wet & Dry. The cooling system is designed to avoid even the minimum infiltration of water among blocks and band in the hypercritical zone of the Crystallizer.
(8) Rotary bar shear with independent drums. After observations and analysis, we came to the conclusion that different alloys have (or might have) different cutting aptitudes also in consideration of the momentum of inertia of the bar to be cut. For this reason, cutting operation can be optimized according to the type of Alloy processed thanks to the possibility of optimizing the action of the two blades during the cutting.